20/08/2014

Valleys




There will always be darkness. It's our decision whether we find peace within.

I've come to a stage where I've been stifling the sounds of my anger, anxiety and all other repressed issues that can no longer be bound and are screaming right in my face. I've lacked in energy, focus...EVERYTHING. I'm tired. After church on Sunday and a subtle but mind awakening talk with Cherelle, I realised that I don't have things under control that I have tricked myself in to thinking I did. These insecurities and issues had started to pour into things that are important to me; like the Shunammite Movement, family and work. I had so many blinding lights of negative voices, comparisons to others, lack of faith that then lead to my decreasing productivity; and I refused to see the signs. I've realised that when you find yourself in a hole; you must stop digging. 

Now in this darkness. I feel at peace. Aware. Still in my spirit. Now I can move. Now my creativeness can be reignited. In each dark valley lies a lesson that will take you to another level. However, if all you're focused on is the fear of the unknown valley you can miss the reason you have been placed there in the first place. To grow. To change an environment. Everything is purposeful. However, you MUST step out into the purpose or it will forever remain in the yonder. 

So, no more fear. No more anxiety. No more doubt. I will live by what I believe is promised to me will come to fruition and I will do all I can to get there. 

I'm no longer afraid of the darkness; I thrive in it. 

B x

No comments:

Post a Comment