01/10/2014

School Blues..




I’m in my final year of secondary and things are beginning to get very serious and very stressful. We all know that in times of hardship we have to try and keep our head up high and not sink beneath the waves. However, it’s easier said than done. It’s like none of my teachers help!!! All they do is pile on more and more homework expecting me to do it in the two days I have to relax…And so the waves get higher and like all other 15/16 year olds, we are drowning ourselves in problems and stress.

In recent news we’ve seen that grade boundaries have gone up, meaning much more is expected of our generation! We have to grow up yet still be kids for the comfort ability of “adults”? I’m failing to understand how this works and the pressure is on for me to know how NOW!

In all of this you can lose yourself, lose direction and lose hope.
 I’ve noticed my attitude is sinking deeper into negativity and I sometimes don’t realise how hard it is stay positive. For instance, maths is not my best friend, nor my associate; we can litro call maths my enemy! But putting myself down about it isn’t going to help! All I’m doing is sinking deeper and deeper while everyone else seems to be walking on water.

Right now I’m lacking motivation and concentration which is a combination for disaster. So it’s now time for me to put on my superwoman (or superkid, which ever makes you feel more comfortable) cape on and not allow negative distractions stop me from flying over this hurdle. I can’t fail I’ve been in education for 13 years all for the sake of achieving great GCSE’s!!! My mock exams are coming up very soon and I need better myself before I learn the hard way!

Next year when I go to school to collect my results I want to have a massive smile on my face because I got the grades I wanted, not a frown of disappointment because I didn’t try hard enough when I had the chance.

NOW it’s time to swim up to the surface and lift my head above water and put all my faith in GOD.



-         Ocean T x

No comments:

Post a Comment